Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Liquid Therapy

"Liquid Therapy"


By Megan Simpson


I have always thought that wine looked aesthetically pleasing. Between when my mom would be drinking sips while watching TV in our living room or at our Christmas parties we have every year at my aunt’s house, I have always loved the colors of it. Therefore, I decided to take on the colors myself to create this image of red wine called “Liquid Therapy.” In this painting, I was careful to make sure the reflections on the wine glass were untouched to help make it seem more realistic. One challenge that I ran into while drawing the image was making it symmetrical. After many tries, I eventually resulted to tracing paper paired with a light board to make the glass truly straight up and down to create symmetry. When painting the actual contents of the wine, I was careful when layering the paint to not lose any values to avoid making the image seem less flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment