Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Thursday Lunch

"Thursday Lunch"


By Megan Simpson


Over this past summer, my friends and I would get together every Thursday to go out and do something, whether that was roller skating, going to watch a movie, or simply going out to eat. One of my favorite things we did one time was have a picnic at a friend’s house and played Cards Against Humanity. This summer tradition between my friends inspired this painting. I used various techniques to pull this painting together. I used traditional painting techniques to create the various details in the bowls and the food in the painting. However, I used a pallet knife to create texture on the dips to emphasize them. To create the needed depth in the dips, I used burnt umber mixed with linseed oil to create a thin substance to get into the crevasse of the texture formed from the pallet knife. I used various yellow tones throughout the painting to help tie it together to create unity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment