Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Spring on Buffalo Mountain


"Spring on Buffalo Mountain"


By Megan Simpson


Buffalo Mountain is a very beloved attraction in Floyd, Virginia. This summit holds many fond memories for me which created the inspiration for this painting. In “Spring on Buffalo Mountain,” I used various techniques to bring this painting to life while also going out of my comfort zone, creating a dream-like feel rather than a more realistic one. However, I used a traditional painting style to create the mountains in the distance using atmospheric perspective techniques to create depth, and I also used a pallet knife on the rocks to emphasize them and also to  create texture. The blues and greens in the rocks help to bring the painting together to create unity, while also using repetitive properties for the mountains in the distance to create harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment